Western Center on Law & Poverty fights for justice and system-wide change to secure housing, health care, racial justice and a strong safety net for low-income Californians. We attain real-world, policy solutions for our clients through litigation, legislative and policy advocacy, and technical assistance and legal support for the state’s legal aid programs. We are California’s oldest and largest legal services support center.
Western Center = Impact!
Some of the people who benefited from our recent work are:
- 3 million adults on Medi-Cal who became eligible for dental services
- Over 500,000 families who received an increase in needed cash aid, helping over than one million children
- 12 million children and adults who now have Medi-Cal coverage
- Tens of thousands of innocent tenants caught in landlord’s foreclosures
- 100,000 new CalFresh recipients
Western Center works statewide with offices in Los Angeles, Sacramento, and Oakland.