Western Center on Law & Poverty fights for justice and system-wide change to secure housing, health care, racial justice and a strong safety net for low-income Californians. We attain real-world, policy solutions for our clients through litigation, legislative and policy advocacy, and technical assistance and legal support for the state’s legal aid programs. We are California’s oldest and largest legal services support center.
Western Center = Impact!
Some of the people who benefited from our recent work are:
- 6 million working adults benefited from a minimum wage increase to $15/hour
- 400,000 homeless, migrant and foster children received priority access and fee waivers for afterschool programs
- 130,000 children, previously banned from public assistance, were finally able to access basic needs benefits
- 4 million adults protected from unfair and unpayable traffic fines and fees
- 170,000 undocumented children became eligible for health care coverage
Western Center works statewide with offices in Los Angeles, Sacramento, and Oakland.