The passage of AB 1482 was a HUGE win for California renters – enshrining into state law some of the strongest anti-rent gouging and just cause for eviction protections in the country. We are working with local legal aid partners to ensure that the new laws are enforced, and renters are protected. This webinar is a resource for those working to stop unfair and unlawful evictions.
We thank our co-sponsors, partners, and colleagues around the state for their support in securing AB 1482’s passage and for their local advocacy and assistance to ensure its successful implementation.
Below you will find sample pleadings, letters, and a webinar to help stop pre-1482 evictions, as well as information and background on AB 1482:
- AB 1482 Substantial Remodeling Template Letter
- AB 1482 Answer attachment
- AB 1482 Factsheet HCVs and Affordable Housing
- Tenant Protection Act (AB 1482) Fact Sheet
- AB 1482 Informational Presentation
- AB 1482 Urgency Ordinance – Demand Letter Template
- AB 1482 – 60DN Expires Before Jan 1 – Demand Letter Template
- ACCE Model Ordinance – General Law City
- ACCE Model Ordinance – Charter City
- Daly City Sample Urgency Ordinance
- Sample complaint to stop 1482 evictions