The passage of AB 1482 was a HUGE win for California renters – enshrining into state law some of the strongest anti-rent gouging and just cause for eviction protections in the country. But since Governor Newsom signed the bill into law last month, some landlords are trying to oust tenants to avoid the new protections. We are working with our local legal aid partners to ensure that renters are protected until then, and we want to provide resources for others working to stop these unfair and unlawful evictions as well.
We thank our co-sponsors, partners, and colleagues around the state for their support in securing AB 1482’s passage and for their local advocacy and assistance in producing resources to ensure its successful implementation.
Below you will find sample pleadings, letters, and a webinar to help stop pre-1482 evictions, as well as information and background on AB 1482:
- Tenant Protection Act (AB 1482) Fact Sheet
- AB 1482 Informational Presentation
- AB 1482 – 60DN Expires Before Jan 1 – Demand Letter Template
- ACCE Model Ordinance – General Law City
- ACCE Model Ordinance – Charter City
- Daly City Sample Urgency Ordinance
- Sample complaint to stop 1482 evictions