Gov. Gavin Newsom is moving forward with plans to combat homelessness in California.
He announced the names of the regional leaders and statewide experts who will advise his administration on developing solutions to address the state’s homelessness epidemic.
- Darrell Steinburg, Sacramento mayor
- Mark Ridley, Los Angeles County supervisor
- Libby Schaaf, Oakland mayor
- Esmeralda Soria, Fresno City councilmember
- Nathan Fletcher, San Diego County supervisor
- V. Manuel Perez, Riverside County supervisor
- Sofia Pereira, Arcata City councilmember
- Frank Mecca, executive director for the County Welfare Directors Association
- Sharon Rapport, associate director of the Corporation for Supportive Housing
- Anya Lawler, policy advocate for the Western Center on Law and Poverty
- Michelle Cabrera, executive director for the County Behavioral Health Directors Association
- Phillip Mangano, former director of theU.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness
- Will Lightbourne, former director of the Department of Social Services